The clinical breast exam (CBE), including mammogram if appropriate is an important part of breast cancer screening. Depending on risk factors, it may also be part of your annual well woman exam.
Breast Self Exam
If you notice any of the following abnormalities during a BSE, we encourage you to come in to see us right away.
- Lump, hard knot or thickening
- Swelling, warmth, redness or darkening
- Change in the size or shape of the breast
- Dimpling or puckering of the skin
- Itchy, scaly sore or rash on the nipple
- Pulling in of your nipple or other parts of the breast
- Nipple discharge that starts suddenly
- New pain in one spot that doesn’t go away
Source: Susan G. Komen for the Cure (website)
External Content Disclaimer